We tried out this recipe yesterday and woke up this morning to make it. The last time we had a fabulous cold brew was in Italy. They make ice coffee like this all the time. This is not only very strong but its delicious. I like to add almond milk and water to my batch to dilute it a bit more. Enjoy!
1. Grind 1/2 lb. of coffee beans to medium grind. Not too fine, not too coarse. We just used store bought coffee already ground and it worked perfectly.
2. Spoon coffee into a large jar or a pitcher.
3. Add 9 cups of room temperature filtered water.
4. Using a long wooden spoon, stir gently until the coffee grounds on top are incorporated into the water. Don’t stir again after this step.
5. Cover jar and let sit at room temperature, without stirring, for 12-16 hours.
6. Strain the cold brew through a chinois or fine mesh strainer set over a large measuring cup or bowl. If you don’t have one, then line a medium mesh strainer with 3-4 layers of damp cheesecloth or a damp kitchen towel. You’ll have about 8 cups of coffee. Then, transfer the coffee to a jar, seal, and keep in your refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. To serve, pour the coffee over ice. Add milk or water to dilute, if desired.